Who has not at one point in their lives complained about not having enough space or a larger room? This is why the self-storage facility was created and why it has been one of the fastest growing industries in the last two centuries. Aside from owning your own house or your own business address, a self-storage unit may be the next best piece of real estate you need to consider. Here are some of the many purposes and reasons for getting one:
1. A mover's convenient back-up plan. Say you're about to move to a new home, back with your new family or you're a student moving into your college dormitory. Whether it's a planned change of address or an unforeseen circumstance, a self-storage unit can help ease that worry about getting all of your things from one house to the next – especially if you are making the move on a limited time. Renting a self-storage unit for a month or two will help ease the stress and worry about renting a big van just so you can haul out your stuff in one day and then finding out that there is not enough space in the new home.
2. When you're renovating or remodeling your house. Self-storage units are a great help when you need to secure your valuable property for a short period of time while you're repairing or expanding a section of your home. Most of the self-storage facilities these days are equipped with state-of-the-art security systems so you can have peace of mind that your stuff is protected.
3. Start and keep your own collection. If you have a growing collection of artwork, photographic equipment or anything which you feel needs a special place that your current home does not have, renting a self-storage facility can be a practical solution. There is a growing number of self-storage facilities designed to hold special collections of items. They can be built underground for sub-zero temperatures, with sound-proofed or shock-proof walls, climate-controlled or computer monitored. There are even self-storage units that are designed like wine cellars complete with a wine-tasting section. You do not have to worry about incurring expensive construction costs in your own house but still keep your collection protected from the elements.
4. An affordable extension of your garage. Dreaming of buying a boat but do not have the space in your property to put it in? Using your garage for other things than parking your cars? Consider a self-storage unit. They are affordable alternatives to building a second garage. Aside from this, you can rest assured that they will not be stolen or vandalized unlike if they're just covered with a tarp and parked in front of your house.
5. Warehouse space for your small business. Small or start-up businesses like catering, selling food stuff or even selling online can benefit from a self-storage unit which will hold the extra inventory of goods you can not store in your house. With a self-storage unit you can keep track and monitor what goes in and out and arrange them according to your business needs.